I‘ve been wanting a small and unintrusive RSS/Atom reader in my work environment (Eclipse) for quite a while. Neither of those I found quite matched my requirements so I decided to write my own. Not only because I wanted this tool, but also because I wanted to do everything right.
As a project grows, you keep on learning. The code you wrote a year ago may not be using the API’s in the same manner as you do now. API’s evolve too. So I thought it would be a good idea to use this project for trying out the goodies that come out every year at the end of June.
There is some great Eclipse stuff out there, snippets of code, tutorials etc. But there is always something you just have to figure out on your own. Usually by glaring at Eclipse code hour after hour. So I also decided to share my discoveries with others using this blog. Maybe they can be of use to someone.
I’ve been working on this project for quite a while now. Usually just for a few hours a week. It’s becoming useful. Not quite ready for a release though (I’ve decided on using the EPL), but good enough for me to start writing about it.